The best place to start this is to define what we do with cookware and what to look for when purchasing. Not everyone has the same needs, so take into account factors such as how many people will you regularly cook for, how often will you cook, the importance of good cooking to you and more – in other words, buy what suits you, not the seller.
The role of a good cook ware in the preparation of a sumptuous meal cannot be overemphasized. When one consider purchasing a good cookware the first point that comes to the mind is the budget. Buying a standard cookware within one’s budget and at the same time obtaining all the pieces and features one has in mind is no simple task. If you belong to the category of people who take cooking a bit seriously you need spend some more time to look into the various aspects of a good cookware from the material from which it is made, to the number of pieces, features and the quality.
The first factor to be considered is the material in which the cookware is made. The first option is the stainless steel that is most popular, durable and convenient. It is also the most popular cookware material in North America being highly resistant against wear and tear and at the same time less expensive. It is also subject to criticism as the metals like iron, nickel, and chromium used in this alloy is said to create health hazards.
Other options for the home maker is the ceramic pottery, enamel or glass cookware. All these materials can be easily cleaned and are also heat resistant. The latest addition to this category is the plastic ware used for both cooking and storing. It has the advantage of being light weight, unbreakable and also being used in Micro wave ovens where other metals are not suitable. Cast iron cookware is normally pre-coated with unsalted fat and heated to avoid rusting in the absence of porcelain coating.
The stainless cookware is to be washed in soapy water or warm ammonia with water solution. The cookware is to be rinsed and dried to obviate water spots in the cookware. Never one need use chlorine or alcohol instead only some mild cleaners. The copper cookware are to be cleaned by a commercial cleaner or a home made mixture of salt, flour citric acid, and ammonia if applied before washing would also serve the purpose. While copper cookware is highly expensive the stainless cookware with copper bottom is lesser costly. The copper bottom cookware does not spread the heat evenly and the bottom of the food gets heated faster and there are chances that the food at the bottom may get burned.
When buying cookware. look for products that are less expensive, durable and that distribute the heat evenly. Cooking pans with hot spots cooks at various speed at different spots and make cooking most unpleasant… The cookware made of cast iron, copper and aluminum may result in the food cooked to absorb the metal taste and sometimes even the metal content to get transferred to food. The fact remaining so, copper bowls are immensely useful in beating egg whites. Though aluminum is the least expensive it may cause reaction with certain type of food. If one chooses the Aluminum cookware the anodized is the best choice.
We need to remember that no cookware can be considered as the perfect and the most suitable for cooking on all occasions or for cooking of all types of foods. The ideal cookware depends on your budget, your cooking preferences and the food habits. However cookware made of stainless steel could be recommended as an ideal choice considering its price, economic life, easy cleaning, and less or no reaction with the food.It is also the most popular and cookware in the USA.
Here are highly rated cookware products to help you with your cooking.
- Cookware Sets
- Dutch Ovens
- Sauce Pans
- Woks and Stir-Fry Pans
- Grill Pans
- Pressure Cookers
Calphalon Premier Space Saving Stainless Steel 15 Piece Set
Highly rated on Amazon, this space-saving cookware set has the following features –
- Stacks smaller, saves 30% more space
- Stacks and nests in any order. Stainless Steel handles stay cool while cooking
3 layers of metal quickly and evenly distribute heat
- Flat tempered glass covers save space
- Set Includes: 8″ fry pan, 10″ fry pan, 12″ fry pan, 2.5 qt saucepan with lid, 3.5 qt saucepan with lid, 4.5 qt soup pan with lid, 3 qt saute pan with lid, 5 qt sauteuse with lid, 8 qt stockpot with lid
- After cooking, allow pans to cool completely before washing. To keep cookware looking its best, use care when stacking pans and covers — do not slide pans atop covers and avoid forceful impact while stacking
Cooks Standard Classic 4-Piece 12 Quart Pasta Pot Cooker Steamer Multipots, Stainless Steel
- Includes: 12 quart stockpot, pasta insert/pot, steamer insert, and a Stainless Steel lid
- Made of 18-10 Stainless Steel with an aluminum disc bottom layer for even/quick heat distribution
- Stainless Steel lid keeps in heat and moisture; riveted handles for durability that stay comfortable/cool
Pasta pot/strainer cooks a variety of food such as pasta, potatoes, and grains; deep steamer insert holds a large amount of vegetables
- Induction compatible and works on gas, electric, glass, ceramic, halogen, etc.; oven safe to 500F; dishwasher safe
Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware, Sauce Pan, 1 1/2-quart
A best seller and highly rated on Amazon.
- Heavy-gauge aluminum construction ensures even heating and is hard-anodized for durability. It also makes it dishwasher-safe.
- Interior includes three layers of nonstick coating – two layers provide durability and the third layer offers easy release performance.
- The long, brushed stainless steel handles are designed to stay cool on the stovetop. Pans and covers are also oven safe, making it ideal for finishing a gourmet dish.
- High sides and narrow opening minimize evaporation during slow process of stock- and soup-making. Heavy-gauge sloped bottom heats evenly makes stirring easier.
- The nonstick surface means you can cook healthier using less fat, with effortless cleanup. Comes with Calphalon’s full lifetime warranty.