This is a recipe for Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios
Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios Ingredients:
2 c. whole-fat plain yogurt
½ t. salt
8 large ripe figs, cut in half lengthwise
3 T. local honey, divided
¼ c. pistachios, chopped
Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios Directions:
- To make the labneh, combine yogurt and salt in a small bowl and stir until blended. Line a metal strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and position strainer over a large, deep bowl.
- Transfer yogurt mixture to the lined strainer and cover. Place in the refrigerator to drain for 1-2 days. (The longer the yogurt is strained, the firmer the labneh will become).
- To prepare roasted figs, pre-heat oven to 350°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking sheet. Arrange sliced figs on baking sheet, cut side up, and drizzle with some honey.
- Place baking sheet in pre-heated oven and roast for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes.
- Top each roasted fig with a spoonful of fresh labneh and a sprinkle of chopped pistachios. Drizzle with some local honey and serve immediately. I hope you like it!
Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh & Pistachios Notes:
Labneh is a soft cheese made from strained yogurt. It is easy to make at home by simply adding a bit of salt and straining the excess whey with the help of a strainer and some cheesecloth or other porous fabric.
Important: If you don’t have time to prepare the labneh for this recipe, you can substitute goat cheese or even cream cheese for a less tangy alternative.
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus the time to strain labneh (typically 1-2 days)
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
Shrimp Saganaki Ingredients:
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
¼ c. dry white wine
1 15-oz. can crushed tomatoes
½ c. Kalamata olives, chopped
1 t. dried dill
1 t. dried Greek oregano
½ t. crushed red chili flakes
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 lb. large (16/20 ct.) shrimp, shelled and deveined
3 T. fresh parsley leaves, chopped and divided
4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
Shrimp Saganaki Directions:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion softens and starts to turn golden brown.
- Add white wine to deglaze the bottom of the skillet, scraping up any brown bits with a spatula.
- Reduce heat to medium and add crushed tomatoes, olives, dill, oregano, and red chili flakes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp just turns pink. Do not overcook the shrimp.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasonings, to taste. To serve, transfer to a serving dish and top with remaining fresh parsley and crumbled Feta cheese. Enjoy!
Shrimp Saganaki Notes:
Shrimp Saganaki is a quick and easy Greek appetizer that is often served with crusty bread to scoop up the savory tomato sauce. For a gluten-free main course, serve on a bed of cooked zucchini noodles, rice, or quinoa instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Tomato Bruschetta Ingredients:
1 Loaf Italian bread, halved lengthwise then cut
crosswise diagonally, into 1?in slices
1 Garlic clove; minced
2 Tablespoon Olive oil
2 Large Tomatoes; peeled, seeded, and chopped
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Cup Chopped fresh basil
Tomato Bruschetta Instructions:
Toast the bread under the broiler until lightly browned.
Combine the garlic and olive oil and brush over one side of the bread.
Spread the tomatoes over the bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil for about 30 seconds to heat the tomatoes.
Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Ingredients for The Easter Appetizer:
2 tablespoons cream cheese
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 tablespoons diced cooked ham
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Ingredients for Clam Appetizers:
1 C of water
8 lbs. clams
1 C dry white wine
2 t of minced garlic
4 T of cream
Ingredients for Easter Appetizers:
2 C of fresh spinach
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 C Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 C walnuts, chopped
1/4 C olive oil
8 celery stalks, trimmed and rinsed