Thai Coconut Curry Soup Ingredients:
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1-inch ginger piece, peeled and minced
1½ t. ground coriander
3 T. Thai red curry paste
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
1 14-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
2 c. baby spinach
2 T. lime juice
1 T. maple syrup
3 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 large lime, cut into thin half round slices
Thai Coconut Curry Soup Directions:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender and fragrant, about 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and cook, stirring often, until the breast develops a bit of color, around 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
3. Add the garlic, ginger, coriander, and red curry paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spices become fragrant.
4. Add bell peppers and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Stir to combine and cook until peppers soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
5. Add coconut milk and simmer until slightly thickened, approximately 4-5 minutes. Stir in spinach, lime juice, and maple syrup. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Serve immediately topped with fresh cilantro and lime slices, if you would like.
Thai Coconut Curry Soup Notes:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes