Spicy Cajun Snapper With Mango-Avocado Salsa
Spicy Cajun Seasoning Ingredients:
1 T. paprika
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
½ – 1t. cayenne pepper*
¾ t. dried thyme
¾ t. dried oregano
1½ t. sea salt
¾ t. ground black pepper
*adjust amount of cayenne pepper to reach desired level of heat.
Remaining Spicy Cajun Snapper Ingredients:
1 large mango, peeled and diced
1 large avocado, peeled and diced
½ small red onion, diced
½ medium jalapeño pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 T. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
3 T. fresh lime juice
2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
4 5-oz. red or yellowtail snapper fillets
Spicy Cajun Snapper Directions:
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the spicy Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mango, avocado, red onion, jalapeño, garlic, and fresh cilantro. Add fresh lime juice and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Sprinkle the Spicy Cajun Seasoning onto both sides of the snapper fillets. Rub gently to ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed and adheres well.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the seasoned fillets into the hot skillet and cook until they are nicely browned and flake easily with a fork, approximately 3-5 minutes per side. Cook time will depend on the thickness of the fillets.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with some of the mango-avocado salsa on top.
Spicy Cajun Salsa Notes:
The subtle flavor of the mango-avocado salsa provides a nice balance to the heat of this delicious pan-seared Cajun snapper and it is ready in under 30 minutes!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes