Taco Shrimp Appetizer Ingredients:
Half a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
3-4 ounces of shrimp, cleaned and deveined, no shells
A cup of frozen veggies mix (carrots, peas and corn)
Medium or small sized hard taco shells, 8-12 pieces
3 ounces of cheese (cheddar works well), grated
Taco Shrimp Appetizer Instructions:
1. Get all your ingredients prepared and ready. Preheat your broiler or oven to 200C.
2. Spoon about a teaspoon of the condensed cream of mushroom soup unto the taco shells.
3. Place about a tablespoon of the veggies mixture unto the taco shells.
4. Top with another layer of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
5. Add in the shrimp. It is best to leave out the shrimp so that it ends up on top and gets cooked when the tacos are baked/broiled.
6. Top with the grated cheese and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the shrimp is done and the cheese has melted and browned.
7. This dish is meant to be eaten within minutes of preparation to keep the taco shells crispy and to enjoy the contrast of textures between the taco and the creamy filling. Serve immediately.
Taco Shrimp Appetizer Notes:
This fusion recipe takes inspiration from tacos, seafood and pot pie to combine in an enticing creamy goodness that will be enticing to all of your guests.