Slow Cooker Chili Ingredients:
1 lb. spicy bulk pork sausage, crumbled
1 lb. sweet bulk pork sausage, crumbled
½ c. chicken or vegetable stock, plus additional, if needed
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
2 large stalks celery, chopped small
2 large carrots, chopped small
2 15-oz. cans white beans, drained and rinsed
2 15.5-oz. cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 28-oz. cans tomato puree
1 6-oz. can tomato paste
1 28-oz. can petite-cut tomatoes, undrained
3 T. chili powder
1 T. ground cumin
2 t. oregano, dried
1 t. cayenne pepper
1 c. black coffee (or water), if needed
Sea salt, to taste
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
¾ c. chopped red onion
2 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
Slow Cooker Chili Directions:
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain excess fat from pan. Transfer sausage to slow cooker crock.
- Return skillet to burner over medium-high heat. Deglaze pan with chicken or vegetable stock, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add olive oil, garlic, and onion to pan and sauté, stirring frequently, about 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add celery and carrot and continue cooking another 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Remove from heat and pour skillet contents into slow cooker.
- Add white beans, red beans, tomato puree, tomato paste, petite-cut tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper to slow cooker. If desired, add black coffee or water to thin mixture before cooking. Season with salt, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours. When complete, taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
To serve, spoon chili into individual serving bowls and top with shredded cheese, chopped onions, and/or sliced jalapeno peppers, to suit your taste.
Slow Cooker Chili Notes:
This slow cooker chili has enhanced flavor due to using a combination of spicy and sweet pork sausage, rather than plain ground beef. To turn up the heat even more, use all spicy sausage instead.
Tip: Crumble the bulk sausage with your fingers prior to browning. This gives you better control over the size of each piece and is easier than breaking up the chunks of sausage with a wooden spoon while cooking. Another alternative is to use a potato masher, should you have one.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes (+ 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low)
Chili Recipe Books:
150 Chilli Recipes: Cook it Yourself with Chilli Cookbook!
|Is Adult Product|
|Number Of Pages||94|
Chilli Jam Recipes: Easy Stove-top Recipes Anyone Can Make At Home Without Canning Equipment
|Is Adult Product|
|Number Of Pages||40|