Shrimp Saganaki Ingredients:
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
¼ c. dry white wine
1 15-oz. can crushed tomatoes
½ c. Kalamata olives, chopped
1 t. dried dill
1 t. dried Greek oregano
½ t. crushed red chili flakes
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 lb. large (16/20 ct.) shrimp, shelled and deveined
3 T. fresh parsley leaves, chopped and divided
4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
Shrimp Saganaki Directions:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion softens and starts to turn golden brown.
- Add white wine to deglaze the bottom of the skillet, scraping up any brown bits with a spatula.
- Reduce heat to medium and add crushed tomatoes, olives, dill, oregano, and red chili flakes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp just turns pink. Do not overcook the shrimp.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasonings, to taste. To serve, transfer to a serving dish and top with remaining fresh parsley and crumbled Feta cheese. Enjoy!
Shrimp Saganaki Notes:
Shrimp Saganaki is a quick and easy Greek appetizer that is often served with crusty bread to scoop up the savory tomato sauce. For a gluten-free main course, serve on a bed of cooked zucchini noodles, rice, or quinoa instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes