Pumpkin Joe Pie Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 C onion, chopped
2 t flour
1 C of salsa
1/2 C of chili sauce
1 C frozen corn
1 (4 oz.) can green chilies, chopped
2 T of brown sugar
1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
Orange paste food colorining
Pumpkin Joe Pie Instructions:
- Preset the oven to 450 degrees
- Crumble the beef into a skillet and place the skillet over medium heat.
- Stir the onion into the beef.
- Cook 12 minutes or until the beef is cooked through
- Drain the beef well and return it to the skillet.
- Place the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the salsa and chili sauce and stir until blended together well.
- Stir the mixture into the beef.
- Fold in the corn, chilies and brown sugar until well combined.
- Spread the mixture out evenly in an ungreased 9 inch pie plate.
- Unroll the pastry and place over the top of the pie plate.
- Cut a jack o’latern face into the pie crust and flute the edges.
- Place the egg into a small mixing bowl.
- Add enough food coloring to reach the desired orange color blending into the egg well.
- Brush the mixture over the pie crust.
- Bake 9 minutes or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbly.
This Pumpkin Joe Pie makes a great main course for a sit down Halloween meal.
Makes 6 servings
Pumpkin Joe Pie Details:
Preparation Time: approximately 20 minutes
Cooking Time: approximately 12 minutes
Baking Time: approximately 9 minutes
Total Time: approximately 31 minutes