Easter Chocolate Bunny Bread Ingredients:
3 1/4 to 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
2/3 c Sugar
1/3 c Unsweetened coca powder
2 pk Rapid rise yeast
3/4 ts Salt
2/3 c Milk
1/4 c Water
1/4 c Butter/margarine
1 tb Pure vanilla extract
1/3 c Milk chocolate or peanut Butter morsels
Easter Chocolate Bunny Bread Directions:
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, cocoa powder, undissolved
yeast and salt. Heat milk, water and butter until very warm (120-130
degrees).Gradually add to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium speed
of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add egg, vanilla and 1/2 cup flour, beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping
bowl occasionally. With spoon, stir in enough additional flour to make soft
dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4-6
minutes. Cover, let rest on floured surface 10 minutes. Divide dough in half.
- For body, knead chocolate morsels into 1 half, form into ball. Place on
bottom end of large greased baking sheet; flatten to make 5-inch round. For
head, remove 1/3 of remaining half, form into ball. Place on large baking
sheet above body, flatten slightly, pinching to attach.
- For nose, pinch off 1/2 inch ball from remaining dough; place on center of
head. Divide remaining dough into 4 equal portions, roll each to form 6-inch rope.
- For arms, arrange 2 ropes across body; attach by tucking one end of each
- Shape remaining ropes into ears; arrange above head. Attach by tucking
one end of each under head.
- Cover, let rise in warm draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30-45
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until done, covering aluminum foil after 20 minutes to prevent excess browning. Remove from sheet; cool on wire rack. Decorate your Easter chocolate bunny bread as desired.