Ingredients for Blueberry Crepes:
2 egg whites
2/3 C of fat free milk
2 tsp canola oil
1/2 C of flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 C of reduced sugar orange marmalade
1 C of unsweetened blueberries
Splenda, equivalent to 8 tsp of sugar
1/2 C fat free sour cream
1/8 tsp of cinnamon
Instructions for Blueberry Crepes:
- Place the egg whites, milk and oil in a bowl and whisk until well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg white mixture and blend it in well.
- Place the marmalade into a saucepan.
- Stirring constantly, cook the marmalade over low heat until completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the blueberries and Splenda.
- Mix the sour cream and cinnamon together.
- Coat a small skillet with cooking spray.
- Place the skillet over low heat and add 2 tbsp of the batter.
- Lift the pan to evenly coat the bottom with the batter.
- Cook until the top is dry and the bottom is lightly browned.
- Remove the crepe to a wire rack to cool and continue cooking the batter until all the batter is used.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread each of the crepes with 1 tbsp of the sour cream mixture.
- Roll each crepe up over the mixture and place in a baking dish.
- Spoon the blueberries over the top of each crepe.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
This is a healthy breakfast to serve to your family and makes 4 servings. Use raspberries, blackberries or strawberries in place of the blueberries if you prefer.
Preparation Time: approximately 25 minutes
Cooking Time: approximately 15 minutes
Total Time: approximately 40 minutes
Nutritional Information: (approximate value per serving)
Calories 173; Fat 3g; Saturated Fat 0g; Carbohydrates 32g; Fiber 2g; Protein 7g; Cholesterol 1mg; Sodium 231mg